Tuesday, August 5, 2008

An ode!!!!!

When loneliness accompanies you to dreamland,
To a star less sky in the midst of sand.
Where the moon stands sentry, all bright and gold,
Therein resides in repose, the beauty to behold.

Where the breeze rushes to seek her presence,
Where the rain beats down to wet her essence.
Where the flowers sway craving for her fold,
Therein resides in repose, the beauty to behold.

Where the birds chirp drunk on her fragrance,
Where the milieu smells heavy of her innocence.
Where the heart frequents stories unheard, untold,
Therein resides in repose, the beauty to behold.

With bated breath I wait, skipping countless beats,
Another moment, another life, I live through deaths,
The wind has her, the trees have her, even the sky, the ground,
But nowhere is she to be seen, nowhere is she to be found.

In a blitz, dark goes the robe of night,
Magically rises the mist with darker insight,
The moon plays truant, hiding out of sight,
Gushes in the breeze, mocking at my plight.

Through the haze, The SUN shimmers in the moon's reflection,
The stars twinkle beneath those hazel ocean.
Serenely she stands, staring, a reality mired in illusion,
Untrammeled, unrivalled, an epitome of perfection.

A thick rich auburn adorns her mane,
Teasing the cloud, flowing insane.
Brighter she shines like the yellow of bloom,
The moon turns pale, wearing a halo of gloom.

Ensnared I stand, feasting on the divine delight,
With enraptured vision, filling in my craving sight.
Her countenance a home to countless expressions,
Some piercing, some probing others unbridled emotions …

For once she turns to find me staring,
Coyly she looks, her smile flickering.
She looks for a while then retreats gently,
Blushing behind the veneers of modesty.

My senses benumbed, my mind conquered,
My heart pounding, my feet foundered.
Rain danced, the wind stood testimony,
Time froze, in the sweetest moment of agony,

In a moment I had lost my life's treasure,
letting in, in turn, the pangs of pleasure,
Dream moments ago, desire a few later,
Destination moments ago, destiny a few later.

5 comments:

Reena Agrawal said...

Nice poem..At last tune post kar di...
And btw.. wo kaun thi, nazar utha ke dil le gayi jo... :P

meenal said...

The wind has her, the trees have her, even the sky, the ground.. you are amazing.

Bhavya said...

this was lovely Alok. Abhi bhi completely samajh nahin aai but it's really touching

Bhavya said...

and I always love stuff with this "hopeless romantic" sort of theme. I can so completely relate to it

Shalini said...

beautiful...